Pork Loin Sandwich Recipe
- One rib half pork loin
- "Meathead's Amazing" Smoked Pork Seasoning & Dry Brine
- "Meathead's Amazing" 'Good Enough to Drink' KC BBQ Sauce
- Burger buns
- Coleslaw (recipe below)
- 16 ounce bag of shredded coleslaw mix.
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 cup of golden raisins
- 1 whole Granny Smith apple cut into small slices
Mix all ingredients well to coat well. Put a cover on bowl and refrigerate until needed.
The only prep needed is to season the rib half pork loin with Meathead's pork rub. Apply the seasoning generously since it’s a thick cut of meat. Allow the seasoning time to sweat in.
With our grill temperature locked in around 250°F to 275°F, place the rib half pork loin on the indirect heat side of the grate. Insert a probe from the SnS-500 Thermometer to monitor internal meat temperature, and place the lid back on the grill. You want to hit an internal temperature of 142°. You can now sear the meat to get a little char, but this is completely optional. The carry over heat should raise the internal temperature up to 145°F minimum.
Allow the meat to rest for 15 minutes, then slice very thinly to build sandwiches with. You can
top with Meathead's KC BBQ sauce and coleslaw.