"Meathead's Amazing" Smoked Red Meat Seasoning & Dry Brine
Big. Bold. Flavor.
A variation of Meathead’s Cow Crust, this smokey rub takes steaks and other red meat to a whole other level of flavor. For more information, click here.
For best results, sprinkle on one tablespoon per pound of meat two hours or more before cooking. Called “dry brining,” the salt gets wet, ionizes, becomes a brine, and slowly penetrates deep, enhancing flavor and juiciness while building a nice crusty “bark” on the surface. Sprinkle some on at the table too!
Size: 9.7 oz (275 g)
Ingredients: Hickory smoked sea salt, spices including black pepper, dehydrated garlic and onion, ancho chili pepper, brown sugar, smoked paprika, natural smoke flavor, coffee, thyme, and chipotle chili pepper.
Yes, there is salt in them.
Although the rub recipes on the Amazing Ribs website do not have salt for good reason, we put salt in these bottled rubs for good reason:
- Salt is needed on most foods. It amplifies and enhances flavor, and it helps protein retain moisture.
- There is no health risk unless there is too much salt.
- Many readers tell us they want salt in their rubs.
- All commercial rubs have salt. Without salt the price would be about 50% more expensive because salt is cheap.
- Even with herbs and spices they can still be used as a dry brine.
- If you have a piece of meat more than 2″ thick, add a bit more salt and an extra hour or two for it to penetrate.
Are they hot?
No! You can always add hot pepper flakes or Chipotle powder (Meathead's fave) in advance or at the table. But we left them mild so you can serve them to kids and Aunt Matilda.
It is a Xmas present so haven’t tried it yet