"Meathead's Amazing" Smoked Pork Seasoning & Dry Brine
Big. Bold. Flavor.
Based on Meathead’s Memphis Dust but with a smokey twist, this pork seasoning and dry brine is not only great on pork, it works well with chicken, salmon, vegetables, and even popcorn!
For best results, sprinkle one tablespoon per pound of meat two hours or more before cooking. Called “dry brining,” the salt gets wet, ionizes, becomes a brine, and slowly penetrates deep, enhancing flavor and juiciness while building a nice crusty “bark” on the surface. Sprinkle some on at the table too!
Learn more about this and other AmazingRibs.com food products at AmazingRibs.com/flavor.
Size: 10.8 oz (306 g)
Ingredients: Sea salt, sugar, brown sugar, dehydrated garlic and onion, spices, mustard seed, smoked paprika, yeast extract, natural smoke flavor, and extractives of paprika.
Yes, there is salt in them.
Although the rub recipes on the Amazing Ribs website do not have salt for good reason, we put salt in these bottled rubs for good reason:
- Salt is needed on most foods. It amplifies and enhances flavor, and it helps protein retain moisture.
- There is no health risk unless there is too much salt.
- Many readers tell us they want salt in their rubs.
- All commercial rubs have salt. Without salt the price would be about 50% more expensive because salt is cheap.
- Even with herbs and spices they can still be used as a dry brine.
- If you have a piece of meat more than 2″ thick, add a bit more salt and an extra hour or two for it to penetrate.
Are they hot?
No! You can always add hot pepper flakes or Chipotle powder (Meathead's fave) in advance or at the table. But we left them mild so you can serve them to kids and Aunt Matilda.