Elevated Cooking Grate - Stainless Steel
This item is on BACKORDER.
Please read the following backorder information:
- The item is expected to ship late August, 2020.
- If you'd like to purchase one, please "Add to Cart" and complete the checkout process. Your payment is due at the time of purchase for the full amount + tax (if applicable).
- If you purchase any additional items with this item, those products will NOT ship separately. When this item is in stock, your entire order will be boxed and shipped to you.
We are working diligently to ensure that you all can keep making better backyard barbecue. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Create a Second Level of Grill Space
You get it all with the Elevated Cooking Grate: a larger cooking space AND more versatility to your grilling styles.
- Add an additional 180 sq. in. of cooking capacity to your grill by creating a second level – perfect for another rack of ribs or more wings!
- Place the Elevated Cooking Grate directly over the coals for a “Santa Maria-style” grilling experience. A great way to get ultra-crispy, super-juicy chicken without scorching!
- Secure fit – rests behind the grate handle and on two pronged “feet” of the cooking grate crossbar.
- Compatible with standard or hinged Weber 22″ cooking grates, the 22″ EasySpin grate, and 26″ cooking grates.
304 Stainless Steel
- We use heavy-duty 304 stainless in this product providing long term durability and reliability. This product will last for decades.
- For Nickel-Plated, check out the Elevated Cooking Grate: Nickel-Plated
- cooking grate
This is well made and perfect for when I need extra space.
I cooked a lacquered chicken on my Weber using this new tool. I started with a whole 5 lb. chicken, cut on the backbone and then cut in in half lengthwise. I put a dry rub on the chicken, let it sit for about 30 minutes, then seared it for about 3-4 minutes per side over the coal holder to get some nice browning on each side. Then I moved both halves to the elevated cooking grate, bone side down, and began basting it every 10 minutes with a BBQ sausce thinned out with some beef stock. Temped the breast to 160, then let them rest for 15 minutes and man, were they amazing! HIghly recommend the elevated cooking grate.
The Elevated Grate is typical SnS: Well engineered, built to last, fairly priced, and perfect for the task at hand. On its maiden voyage, mine did a beautiful job enabling me to smoke (3) hefty baby backs on my Weber 22. It expands grill space critically; I highly recommend it.
Excellent workmanship on this product. You can tell it's high quality material. Strong welds and sturdy grates. Works great for another level of cooking. It definitely isn't added "grill" space.... you're probably not going to be grilling burgers on this but it's a great bun toaster, bacon rack, or veggie roaster. Also, it's excellent as a water pan rack when Bbqing underneath. Update* This thing is excellent when cooking sausage or hot dogs. Put your moisture pan underneath and it steams the dogs or tri tip to perfection.
Excellent workmanship on this product. You can tell it's high quality material. Strong welds and sturdy grates. Works great for another level of cooking. It definitely isn't added "grill" space.... you're probably not going to be grilling burgers on this but it's a great bun toaster, bacon rack, or veggie roaster. Also, it's excellent as a water pan rack when Bbqing underneath.