Tomahawk Ribeye Steak
How To Grill a Tomahawk Steak
Learn how to perfectly cook a thick tomahawk ribeye steak on the kettle grill using the reverse sear "Cold Grate Technique.” Ribeye steak with a perfect reverse sear is the best, and the Slow 'N Sear® Kettle Grill (combined with the Slow 'N Sear® Deluxe insert) is the perfect combo for smoking, then searing a beautiful USDA Prime Tomahawk Ribeye!
How to Prep Steak
Garlic Herb Compound Butter Recipe
- one quarter cup one cube of unsalted butter
- one tablespoon of chopped flat leaf Italian parsley
- one clove of crushed garlic
- one teaspoon of chopped thyme
- one teaspoon of chopped rosemary
- one teaspoon of chopped chives
- one teaspoon lime zest
- pinch of cayenne
- pinch of kosher salt
- pinch crushed black pepper
Dry Brine Steak
Kettle Grill Temperature
How to Cook Tomahawk Steak
Cook the steak at 250° over the indirect side of the grill. If you want some added smoke, add a chunk of hickory. Once meat hits 80°F, flip it over to ensure even cooking.
Internal Temperature for Steak
How to Sear Ribeye
Learn more about how the Cold Grate Technique works here.