Slow ’N Sear®- How it Works
The "Magic" of the Slow 'N Sear®
The Slow ‘N Sear® is the revolutionary kettle grill accessory specifically designed to convert your kettle grill into a smoker and a blistering hot sear machine - ALL WITH ONE DEVICE!
From low ‘n slow pulled pork/brisket/ribs, to juicy burgers and chicken, or a perfectly seared steak, the Slow ‘N Sear brings it ALL, to your backyard.
At first, a simple-looking accessory …but dig deeper and you’ll find thoughtful innovation designed to make your backyard barbecue simpler and tastier than ever before!
- Curved to contour the kettle for maximum charcoal capacity. It holds more than twice as much fuel as a standard charcoal basket!
- The space between outer wall of the basket and the kettle wall creates an effective insulation barrier keeping heat inside the grill rather than heating up the air outside the kettle. This means more efficient charcoal burn at low ‘n slow temps (225° – 250° F) providing 8-10 hours of cooking on one basket load of fuel, which is about what fits in a standard sized charcoal chimney.
- Curved and angled basket walls
- encourages fuel to nestle together evenly as it burns down. The closeness of the coals contributes to efficient lighting from one coal to the next.
- concentrates heat during the sear to generate searing temps topping 1000° F.
- Open and easily accessible; simple to refill if needed.
- Acts as both a heat shield to keep temperatures consistent on the indirect side of the grill and a vessel for water when moisture is required for low ‘n slow cooks.
- Spans the length of the basket providing consistent water vapor throughout the charcoal burn.
- One quart capacity lasts for 5+ hours at 225° F.
- V-shape design ensures consistent steam production whether there is one quart or one ounce of water.
- Removable to allow for an expanded high-heat sear zone when needed (in the Deluxe version only).