Game Changing Smoked Queso Dip
This game changing Smoked Queso recipe is brought to you by Michael from Everyday BBQ using our Slow 'N Sear® Kettle Grill. I’ve done this recipe many times over the last year since it’s become popular. I have experimented with different ingredients, amounts and cooking techniques. The recipe in this video is what I would consider perfected and dialed in to what most people will highly enjoy with the correct amount of flavors from the ingredients as well as smoke flavor from the cooker. Please keep in mind that this recipe in general is quite flexible and allows for individual creativity and flavor preferences. I hope you enjoy the recipe and video! Below I will list the list of ingredients as well as cooking instructions…
Ingredients (for an 11"x13" pan)
- 3/4 Lb. – 1Lb. of cooked ground beef/Chuck or Taco meat of your choice (I seasoned mine w/salt, pepper, chili powder to taste)
- 1 large or 2 medium chopped Red Onion(s)
- 1 bundle of chopped Cilantro
- 3 Jalapeno Peppers (chopped or diced) Leave seeds for more heat or remove for less
- 16 oz. sharp Cheddar Cheese (a block cut into pieces or chunks)
- 10 oz. of mild melting Cheddar (Velveeta block will work)
- 8 oz. shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 20 oz. canned diced Tomatoes & Green Chilis (2 cans of Rotel will work)
- DON'T FORGET THE CHIPS!
Always wash your hands before preparing any food recipe!
Place all prepared ingredients into the foil pan (please see video as I provide an important tip to help prevent ingredients from drying out). Pre-heat your cooker to 250°-275° F, as that will be our cook temperature for today. See the video for detailed instructions on how to do this. Once pre-heated and the smoke is clean (thin blue, thin white or clear), place your pan inside the cooker and cover with the lid. Allow to cook for approximately 1 hour to allow everything to melt. Once melted, stir together to combine the ingredients well. Place back onto the cooker for approximately one more hour to continue to combine flavors and absorb some smoke flavor. Remove from the cooker, garnish if you wish, get your favorite tortilla chips, serve and ENJOY!!!