Slow ‘N Sear Deluxe Kamado - Additional Highlights
Two zones are better than one.
Today’s kamado-style grills, based on a centuries-old design, are well known for their thick, insulated walls and excellent heat retention. Typically, coals are placed in the lower portion of the cooker and food is placed on an upper cooking grate creating a one-zone cooking environment (shown, upper right). Temperature is uniform throughout the grill’s cooking surface whether cooking low ‘n slow or at temperatures 700°+ F for searing.
The Slow ‘N Sear Deluxe Kamado has all of the sought-after characteristics of a high quality kamado cooker and then delivers MORE. Utilizing the patented Slow ‘N Sear® inside the cooking chamber, this kamado improves one-zone cooking and enables a true two-zone cooking environment (shown, lower right) creating the most versatile kamado on the market.
With the Slow ‘N Sear, coals are held higher in the grill and separated from the rest of the chamber by a vertical wall of water. This design achieves many firsts in kamado cooking:
- Dedicated, simultaneous two-zone cooking with the creation of direct and indirect zones
- True searing capability with direct heat from burning coals (not heat stored up in a cooking grate)
- Easy access to coals at cooking grate level when needing to refuel
- Improved smoke flavor through the generation of more smoke and cleaner smoke using TurboSlow™ technology
Traditional kamado one-zone cooking
Slow ‘N Sear Two-Zone Cooking
More smoke, cleaner smoke, better taste
Unmatched searing ability
Sear with direct flame at temperatures topping 1,000° F
The elevated placement of coals using the Slow ‘N Sear also allows for direct searing over high heat flame. The basket holds coals and concentrates heat for the ultimate kamado searing experience.
With two cooking zones available at all times it’s incredibly easy to use front- or reverse-searing techniques, too! No lengthy waits to heat up (or cool down) your grill.
High heat cooking requires a durable cooking grate; our stainless steel Two-Zone Cooking grate is included in the package!
Additional Product Highlights
Premium ceramic construction
Cordierite (50%) for maximum thermal retention and durability. We kiln our bowl hotter and longer than other grills to make sure cracking is never an issue.
Stainless steel cradle
Reinforced bowl support for maximum stability; rolling casters on all four legs lets you position the grill wherever you need it, front locking casters keeps it there.
Dual, spring-loaded hinge
Sturdy stainless steel construction; easy and consistent up/down motion. A thick, high-temperature, flexible felt gasket fitted around the top lid and bottom bowl forms a tight seal, even when thermometer probe wires are run under the lid.
Traditional kamado operation
Use the kamado in a more traditional mode with the included ceramic diffuser plate.
Dual side shelves
Collapsible, weather-resistant shelving provides 460 sq. in. of convenient table space. Stainless steel hinges and brackets.
Extra cooking area
Add 180 sq.in. of cooking space with the stainless steel Elevated Cooking Grate. Get more room for low ‘n slow cooks, or diversify your grilling styles by placing the rack over the coals for “Santa Maria”-style cooking.
With the Slow ‘N Sear® Deluxe Kamado, it’s ALL included:
- Slow ‘N Sear® Kamado Grill
- Premium stainless steel cradle
- Slow ‘N Sear Deluxe
- Drip ‘N Griddle™ Pan Deluxe
- 22” EasySpin™ Grill Grate
- Stainless steel Elevated Cooking Grate
- Two (2) premium HDPP (high density polypropylene) side shelves
- Stainless steel upper charcoal grate
- Cast iron lower charcoal grate
- Ceramic deflector plate
- Ash tool
- Height: 48 inches
- Width (with shelves extended): 55 inches
- Depth: 30 inches
- Weight: 231 pounds
- Lifetime on ceramic
- 10 Years on stainless cooking accessories
- 5 years on all other parts
- 1 year on dome thermometer