Elevated Cooking Grate - Stainless Steel
Create a Second Level of Grill Space
You get it all with the Elevated Cooking Grate: a larger cooking space AND more versatility to your grilling styles.
- Add an additional 180 sq. in. of cooking capacity to your grill by creating a second level – perfect for another rack of ribs or more wings!
- Place the Elevated Cooking Grate directly over the coals for a “Santa Maria-style” grilling experience. A great way to get ultra-crispy, super-juicy chicken without scorching!
- Secure fit – rests behind the grate handle and on two pronged “feet” of the cooking grate crossbar.
- Compatible with standard or hinged Weber 22″ cooking grates, our 22″ EasySpin grate, and 26″ cooking grates.
304 Stainless Steel
- We use heavy-duty 304 stainless in this product providing long term durability and reliability. This product will last for decades.
- The previously produced Nickel Plated version is no longer available
I bought this grate so I could warm items on it over the hot coals after searing the meat. I can warm up buns and biscuits, and I can cook corn on the cob without burning anything using the sear side of the Slow N' Sear. I also cook shrimp kebobs on it over the hot coals- the shrimp just cook to fast directly over the sear coals and can burn easily.
Usually this is "only" convenient, well built, easy to clean, etc, etc, but for my son's graduation party, it saved my butt! Owing to COVID, we had a fairly small graduation party....my immediate family, my son's girlfriend, and her immediate family. I was honored that my son asked me to cook the meats for the event, specifically brisket and ribs. I have an 18" WSM, and a 22" Weber Kettle (yeah, a Jumbo Joe also, but it wouldn't have helped much). For this cook, I wanted a full packer, and 6 racks of Baby Backs, cut into half rack portions. That's a lot of meat on those two grills! Thanks to the elevated rack, I fit it all on the WSM and the 22" Kettle! 2.5 racks on the kettle alone...3 half racks both on bottom and top. My guests were raving, my son was delighted, and I felt like king of the hill. Thanks S&S!
I wish I would have purchased this when they first came out. If you smoke with the Slow-n-Sear regularly then you need this. It practically doubles the surface area in your grill. I'm sure the finish will hold up great and it is well made. I know the grill grate that came with my Slow-n-Sear can still be cleaned to a mirror finish after 4 years worth of use. You won't regret this grate, and you certainly get what you pay for.
Aside from arriving with a broken weld (hence the 4), this is a great addition to the grill. Solid on the grill with plenty of height to allow grilling below. I may need a second for my other grill!
We're so sorry about that weld. As we stated in our email, if you ever have any issues with it, please let us know so we can replace it for you. Thanks for shopping with us and for taking the time to leave feedback. Happy grilling!
This is well made and perfect for when I need extra space.