SnS Carbon Steel Flat Top Plancha
Turn Your 22" Grill into a Griddle!
The carbon steel Plancha (griddle) from SnS Grills provides a smooth, flat top cooking surface with excellent thermal conductivity, which is perfect for smash burgers, Philly cheesesteaks, Hibachi style meals, breakfast and much more. Once seasoned*, the natural non-stick cooking surface makes this Plancha (griddle) easy to cook with and also very easy to clean and maintain.
- 23 lbs of heavy duty, carbon steel with high thermal mass and heat retention
- ¼ inch thickness provides strength and durability. Guaranteed not to warp!
- High quality, cooking surface is ideal to ensure the crust stays on the food and not on the steel
- The specially designed profile allows the Plancha to be rotated 360° so you can position your food over your preferred heat zones without actually moving the food.
- The combination of the two cut-outs enable the heavy weight of the Plancha to be handled in and out of the grill while wearing gloves. Do not handle when hot.
- Large handles provide excellent airflow and allow the ideal placement of a drip tray underneath. The flat edge of the handles makes it convenient for scraping a spatula while cooking.
- Sits close to the coals to give excellent fuel efficiency
- Works well with the Slow 'N Sear® for two distinct cooking zones
- 57cm / 22 inch round Kettle style grills (including Weber)
- 57cm / 22 inch round Kamado style grills
Slow 'N Sear® Kettles
Slow 'N Sear® Kamados
*Each Plancha comes with detailed instructions for seasoning
Did not heat evenly, extremly difficult to add charcoal if needed for a longer cook, or prep just takes longer than normal. Woul be nice if there was a way to lower the temp other than putting the lid back on the grill. If you want a griddle a dedicated griddle may be your best option.
Hey there! We're sorry to hear that you aren't happy with your new Plancha. It doesn't take much charcoal to heat it up, so you shouldn't have to add any while using it. It retains heat for a long time! We do offer a 30-day, 100% Satisfaction Guarantee which you can learn more about at https://snsgrills.com/pages/warranty-information Let us know if you ever have any specific concerns or questions, and we'll be glad to see if we can help! Thanks for your purchase and for taking the time to leave a review.
My first plancha was ****** into FedEx’s black hole and never delivered, but the good people at SnS sent another that made it to my door. I did my initial seasoning with Buzzywaxx which is a great product for cast iron or carbon steel. Everything from smash burgers, fajitas, and searing steaks has come out great. The possibilities are endless and if you are cooking for a crowd you can really put out some food quickly on this thing. Great quality and very heavy duty.
Was doubtful but man what an awesome product
I have a SNS Kettle, and as many accessories as I have been able to persuade my wife to allow me to buy, which includes the Plancha as a Fathers Day gift! So far I absolutely love the Plancha! I seasoned this for Independence day and made the best cheese steaks I have ever had on it... Something is just so different about fresh Prime cuts of Rib Eye compared to anything else I have had! I do have one question.. What is the best way to clean the Plancha? Immediately after use while still hot or let it cool down? If Immediate is required, what is the proper way to clean and how to best clean after it has cooled? I saw this video about how to clean carbon steel pans, and seems to make sense, but wanted the official response from SNS! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdh5gSiAMIY
Thank you for your purchase and for taking the time to leave a review! That's awesome that you made the best cheesesteaks you've ever had! It sounds delicious. As for cleaning your Plancha, you would basically treat it like a cast iron skillet. All you really have to do is wipe/scrape it off after use, then rub oil on it while it’s semi-hot with a paper towel and tongs. Then store it in a dry, covered location. If you have any other questions, please let us know! Happy grilling!
Absolutely love it