SnS Carbon Steel Flat Top Plancha
A Smooth Cooking Surface for Your 22" GrillThe carbon steel Plancha (griddle) from SnS Grills provides a smooth, flat top cooking surface with excellent thermal conductivity, which is perfect for smash burgers, Philly cheesesteaks, Hibachi style meals, breakfast and much more. Once seasoned*, the natural non-stick cooking surface makes this Plancha (griddle) easy to cook with and also very easy to clean and maintain.
- 23 lbs of heavy duty, carbon steel with high thermal mass and heat retention
- ¼ inch thickness provides strength and durability. Guaranteed not to warp!
- High quality, smooth polished cooking surface is ideal to ensure the crust stays on the food and not on the steel
- The specially designed profile allows the Plancha to be rotated 360° so you can position your food over your preferred heat zones without actually moving the food.
- The combination of the two cut-outs enable the heavy weight of the Plancha to be handled in and out of the grill while wearing gloves. Do not handle when hot.
- Large handles provide excellent airflow and allow the ideal placement of a drip tray underneath. The flat edge of the handles makes it convenient for scraping a spatula while cooking.
- Sits close to the coals to give excellent fuel efficiency
- Works well with the Slow 'N Sear® for two distinct cooking zones
- 57cm / 22 inch round Kettle style grills (including Weber)
- 57cm / 22 inch round Kamado style grills
Slow 'N Sear® Kettles
Slow 'N Sear® Kamados
*Each Plancha comes with detailed instructions for seasoning
I got this for my birthday a few weeks back, and , so far, have made up Philly cheese steaks and smashburgers a couple of times. This is *SO* much nicer than the best grill options I've used for these before. First off is the sheer amount of real estate. Most of the surface of a 22" kettle is available for cooking. The two handle cutouts are absolutely needed to lift this beast in and out of the kettle, as well as for airflow. At 1/4 inch thick, this 23 lb carbon steel monster does a fantastic job of holding and transmitting heat. Used with two zones, I can put a hard sear on smashburgers on one side, while simmering onions and peppers on the cooler side, and toasting buns in the middle. Seasoned according to the instructions, it's nonstick and smooth as glass. Great job, SNS!
Great thick build and handles allow easy movement / rotation. Doesn’t warp!!
I was impressed with the quality of the steel and the weight. It is a little cold here in Germany to season it today but as soon as I get a day good enough to spend a few hours outside getting it seasoned I will give you a better review. Always impressed with your products and the customer service is outstanding!
I love it. Need more experience on it though. The smahed burgers were awesome.
Just got the Plancha, seasoned it, and tried it out making smash burgers. It worked great but I'm just learning how to use it. It will take some time to figure out all the different configurations of charcoal for different cooks. My son already informed me that he wants one too.