SnS Carbon Steel Flat Top Plancha
Turn Your 22" Grill into a Griddle!
The carbon steel Plancha (griddle) from SnS Grills provides a smooth, flat top cooking surface with excellent thermal conductivity, which is perfect for smash burgers, Philly cheesesteaks, Hibachi style meals, breakfast and much more. Once seasoned*, the natural non-stick cooking surface makes this Plancha (griddle) easy to cook with and also very easy to clean and maintain.
- 23 lbs of heavy duty, carbon steel with high thermal mass and heat retention
- ¼ inch thickness provides strength and durability. Guaranteed not to warp!
- High quality, cooking surface is ideal to ensure the crust stays on the food and not on the steel
- The specially designed profile allows the Plancha to be rotated 360° so you can position your food over your preferred heat zones without actually moving the food.
- The combination of the two cut-outs enable the heavy weight of the Plancha to be handled in and out of the grill while wearing gloves. Do not handle when hot.
- Large handles provide excellent airflow and allow the ideal placement of a drip tray underneath. The flat edge of the handles makes it convenient for scraping a spatula while cooking.
- Sits close to the coals to give excellent fuel efficiency
- Works well with the Slow 'N Sear® for two distinct cooking zones
- 57cm / 22 inch round Kettle style grills (including Weber)
- 57cm / 22 inch round Kamado style grills
Slow 'N Sear® Kettles
Slow 'N Sear® Kamados
*Each Plancha comes with detailed instructions for seasoning
I have a SNS Kettle, and as many accessories as I have been able to persuade my wife to allow me to buy, which includes the Plancha as a Fathers Day gift! So far I absolutely love the Plancha! I seasoned this for Independence day and made the best cheese steaks I have ever had on it... Something is just so different about fresh Prime cuts of Rib Eye compared to anything else I have had! I do have one question.. What is the best way to clean the Plancha? Immediately after use while still hot or let it cool down? If Immediate is required, what is the proper way to clean and how to best clean after it has cooled? I saw this video about how to clean carbon steel pans, and seems to make sense, but wanted the official response from SNS! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdh5gSiAMIY
Thank you for your purchase and for taking the time to leave a review! That's awesome that you made the best cheesesteaks you've ever had! It sounds delicious. As for cleaning your Plancha, you would basically treat it like a cast iron skillet. All you really have to do is wipe/scrape it off after use, then rub oil on it while it’s semi-hot with a paper towel and tongs. Then store it in a dry, covered location. If you have any other questions, please let us know! Happy grilling!
Absolutely love it
Received it within about 6 days free shipping so no complaints. Was packed decent enough. It’s a big *** plate of steel so it’s not like it would be damaged by anything lol. Seasoned it up and cooked smashed bacon cheese burgers on it. Came out fantastic. Doesn’t need much charcoal to get hot. Probably used about half a chimney worth. Then I cooked some cheesesteak sandwiches which also came out delicious. Easy maintenance and easy clean up. Great product would recommend to anyone.. already recommended it to my brother in law. Keep up the good work guys love the products.
This has been the best addition to my grill. Using it to sear steaks, vegetables, make smash burgers, toast buns, fry bacon, etc. All the things that lead to setting off smoke detectors in the house are now done outside on the grill. Was really surprised and pleased with the heft of the plancha as well, this isn’t a cheap piece of steel that will warp, it has some serious mass behind it.