SnS Carbon Steel Flat Top Plancha
Turn Your 22" Grill into a Griddle!
The carbon steel Plancha (griddle) from SnS Grills provides a smooth, flat top cooking surface with excellent thermal conductivity, which is perfect for smash burgers, Philly cheesesteaks, Hibachi style meals, breakfast and much more. Once seasoned*, the natural non-stick cooking surface makes this Plancha (griddle) easy to cook with and also very easy to clean and maintain.
- 23 lbs of heavy duty, carbon steel with high thermal mass and heat retention
- ¼ inch thickness provides strength and durability. Guaranteed not to warp!
- High quality, cooking surface is ideal to ensure the crust stays on the food and not on the steel
- The specially designed profile allows the Plancha to be rotated 360° so you can position your food over your preferred heat zones without actually moving the food.
- The combination of the two cut-outs enable the heavy weight of the Plancha to be handled in and out of the grill while wearing gloves. Do not handle when hot.
- Large handles provide excellent airflow and allow the ideal placement of a drip tray underneath. The flat edge of the handles makes it convenient for scraping a spatula while cooking.
- Sits close to the coals to give excellent fuel efficiency
- Works well with the Slow 'N Sear® for two distinct cooking zones
- 57cm / 22 inch round Kettle style grills (including Weber)
- 57cm / 22 inch round Kamado style grills
Slow 'N Sear® Kettles
Slow 'N Sear® Kamados
*Each Plancha comes with detailed instructions for seasoning
I cook smoked salmon and IT was just great Thanks
Great addition to my Weber grill.
I use the Plancha flat top almost every time I cookout. I have two 22 in. Webers and one is dedicated to it the plancha now. I use it for everything, burgers, fish, shrimp, scallops, vegetables, bacon, pancakes and searing steaks. I recommend anyone with a 22 in. grill buy one of these to compliment their regular grill grates. The rest of the SnS grill system works great too. Sure as some have complained it is heavy, But that's what makes it work. Some one complained that it was hard to add charcoal to cook longer cooks. I have found that less charcoal works well, generally about a half full chimney works for anything I cook on it. If you are needing to add charcoal you are missing the point and misunderstanding the purpose of this flat top. It absolutely works great! Needless to say I like it!
A Great addition to your grill
I shopped around and looked at a few different griddles but decided to go with the SnS since I was so impressed with my SnS deluxe. I was excited when my plancha arrived. After following the directions to seasoning it... it worked great! It's nice and heavy and transfers heat fantasticly and is a joy to cook on. If you're looking for a griddle ... stop looking ... you found it. You will not be disappointed
Did not heat evenly, extremly difficult to add charcoal if needed for a longer cook, or prep just takes longer than normal. Woul be nice if there was a way to lower the temp other than putting the lid back on the grill. If you want a griddle a dedicated griddle may be your best option.
Hey there! We're sorry to hear that you aren't happy with your new Plancha. It doesn't take much charcoal to heat it up, so you shouldn't have to add any while using it. It retains heat for a long time! We do offer a 30-day, 100% Satisfaction Guarantee which you can learn more about at https://snsgrills.com/pages/warranty-information Let us know if you ever have any specific concerns or questions, and we'll be glad to see if we can help! Thanks for your purchase and for taking the time to leave a review.
Great & Heavy
My first plancha was ****** into FedEx’s black hole and never delivered, but the good people at SnS sent another that made it to my door. I did my initial seasoning with Buzzywaxx which is a great product for cast iron or carbon steel. Everything from smash burgers, fajitas, and searing steaks has come out great. The possibilities are endless and if you are cooking for a crowd you can really put out some food quickly on this thing. Great quality and very heavy duty.