Slow 'N Sear® Travel Kettle Grill
The Most Portable Grill on the Market
The 18" Slow 'N Sear® Travel Kettle gives you all the performance you’d expect from a kettle style charcoal grill while on the go! Tailgaters, Campers, and backyard cooks alike will love having the versatility of a kettle style grill with a portable but generous 18" cooking surface. And this isn't just a kettle - It's powered by Slow ‘N Sear®! When utilizing the patented Slow ‘N Sear® Charcoal Basket inside the cooking chamber, this kettle focuses heat for a true two-zone cooking environment that provides the best low 'n slow smoking AND searing power of any portable charcoal grill on the market.
- 304 Stainless Steel, 18" EasySpin™ Grill Grate offers superior quality and cooking capability
- Choose the option with the Slow ‘N Sear® Charcoal Basket insert for unrivaled searing power, low ‘n slow smoking, and true two-zone cooking capability. This Travel Kettle also works great without our Charcoal Basket, but we highly recommend it! (Mini Drip Pan pictured next to the charcoal basket is sold separately)
- Lid cradle keeps your lid safely off to the side and out of the way and also folds up to lock the top in place for carrying
- 5 vent no-touch ash removal system for superior ash removal
- “Smoke Hole”: 1 inch circular bottom vent provides more refined airflow control or for a thermostatic controller
- “Probe Port”: ½ inch circular digital thermometer port for more accurate temperature readings.
- Top and Bottom vents with larger holes for more airflow and higher temps when needed
- Large porcelain coated charcoal grate for a larger fire when cooking without the Slow 'N Sear® insert
- All port holes have covers that swing out of the way when not in use
- Please note that the Slow ‘N Sear® Charcoal Basket insert is designed to work with a water pan and does not have a built in water reservoir
- 30-day, 100% satisfaction guarantee!
*We DO NOT ship the Kettle Internationally nor to PO Boxes
- Total Height: 21 inches
- Width: 20¼ inches
- Weight: 17.8 pounds
- Cooking Grate: 18 inches
- Color: SnS Gray (Porcelain Enamel)
- Shipping Dimensions: 21x21x10 inches
- Designed in U.S.A.; Manufactured in China
Recommended Accessories (sold separately):
Watch the video below for detailed assembly instructions:
- travel kettle
- drip pan
Bought this to carry around in my camper. It’s the perfect size for us and we love the grill.
So this is what cheating feels like?
I have a pretty wide collection of kettle grills from another manufacturer, very often supplemented with accessories from SNS Grills. The fact that the accessories work so well has left me wondering what "the real" thing must be like, especially after I purchased my "proper" bullet shaped smoker from a guy who was selling it because he had bought the SNS Grills kettle grill. So when the Travel grill arrived, I was just looking for an excuse to get an 18" grill the fill the gap between my 22" and 14" grills. Well, holy smokes!! Does this thing rock! I cooked on it yesterday and it came up to temp beautifully and then locked in at 250 better then any gas grill I have used. The build quality is excellent, the thermometer on point, the ash cleaning system is awesome and it cleaned up remarkably easy due to the amazing porcelain coating. Is it a tad more expensive then the other guys.....sure.......but it's worth EVERY CHEATING PENNY! At 18" it's a perfect size for a quick grill for the family without feeling like I am overusing coals to fill up my 22". I am really impressed. Congrats an an excellent product! My only complaint, and it's minor, is that my drip pan in my 22" fits almost edge to edge between the grill and my SnS Original. However, the mini drip pan I purchased for the Travel Kettle has quite a bit of room around the edges. Is this a show stopper? **** no, it's just one thing I noticed, and certainly not a reason not to purchase.
Perfect grill for small families
Right out of the box the quality apparent. Perfect size grill for every day cooking. Small enough for easy transportation.
No portable grill like it
I was already a believer in the slow and sear method after buying a charcoal basket and other accessories for my Napoleon kettle. When I got in the market for a portable camping grill, it was natural for me to turn to SNS. Wow! I couldn't be any happier. The build quality is superb. The small touches like the thermometer that actually works, the probe port, and the excellent ash removing vent all set this apart from any other small grill on the market. This small kettle grill is head and shoulders above any of its competitors.
Best little grill on the market
I always use the charcoal bin and I use the Drip pan as well. Started with 2 steaks smoking the searing. Easy clean up. I then did a roast the same way. I thought that I would be hampered my using 1/2 the grill for smoking, but then I did 4 large beef ribs at once then 4 large stuffed burgers using my homemade pastrami. Last was 2 tritips at once. I'm amazed. Time and temp is all you need to remember. Always perfect and I start with 10 hot coals as suggested, then I put about 2 or 3 large wood chunks and about 10 or 12 coals on that. Shut the grate and after about 2 hours smoking, I have coals left. Its great and has saved me money on starting my larger smokers for just the wife and I. Good job SNS!