Slow ‘N Sear®
Maximize the Possibilities of your Kettle Grill with the Original Slow 'N Sear®!
Turn a “basic” kettle grill into the most versatile outdoor cooking machine on the market – indirect slow cooking, high heat searing, roasting, baking…you can have it all with the Original Slow ‘N Sear®!
“The Single Best Accessory For the Weber Kettle Ever” – Meathead Goldwyn, amazingribs.com
“Best New Barbecue Product of 2018” – Steven Raichlen, barbecuebible.com
- The perfect fit for your 22” kettle
- 8+ hours unattended “low-n-slow” (225-250° F) operation with a single charcoal fill; if needed, refilling the Slow 'N Sear® couldn't be easier
- 5+ hours of steam generated from the integrated water reservoir during low 'n slow cooks to enhance meat with clean, smoky flavor (reservoir is non-removable)
- Obtain a perfect restaurant-quality sear with temperatures exceeding 1000° F over the sear zone
- Open bottom – sits on the charcoal grate of the kettle
- 18-gauge 430 stainless steel; it will last longer than your kettle
- A must have for ALL grilling enthusiasts!
- Follow our Lighting Instructions for hassle-free cooks!
- How the Slow 'N Sear® works
- Length: 21”
- Depth: 8½”
- Height: 4¾”
How is the original Slow 'N Sear® different from the Slow 'N Sear® Deluxe?
- The water reservoir is attached and non-removable
- The bottom is open and sits directly on the grate
- Outer dimensions are the same
Which Slow ‘N Sear is right for you?
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions or watch the video below.
- Slow N Sear
I have an older Slow n Sear “original” which had the screen on the bottom of the charcoal chamber. This one has no bottom, the charcoal sits on the grate from my weber kettle. The earlier version lasted almost 10 years of pretty steady (40 - 50 cooks a year) - this one looks like it might make about 20% of that - MUCH MORE CHEAPLY MADE - and MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE THAN THE EARLIER ONE. I’m really disappointed - I suppose i could have bought the next model up, but that one’s water chamber is removable and LOOKS cheap. This was a GREAT concept and product - but has succumbed to the widespread fastbuckitis of the online culture/world we now live in. Very dis-satisfied, and don’t get me started about the 22 emails in 4 days, and 10 days to unsubscribe me. I’m making a mistake responding to this - no doubt that will open the door again - but well - I hope Meathead reads this (from Amazing Ribs.com) and removes the platinum rating - more like a copper rating if you ask me.
A MUST have for a kettle grill!!
Game changer!!! I had struggled to maintain temperature in a kettle grill even while doing short smokes of things like a whole chicken. I had read that the water reservoir makes a huge difference in achieving uniform temperatures throughout so I gave it a try. My very first smoke was last night. The grill maintained a consistent 223-238 over a two hour period and I only made one slight adjustment to the exhaust vent when temps hit 237. Coming from the world of pellet smokers where you just set a temp and walk away, charcoal was quickly becoming my nemesis. Last night's BBQ was nearly as easy as the pellet smoker due to the SNS.
This thing worked like a champ. Glad I went with the Deluxe over the smaller version. I did get the Easy Spin grate along with this as well.
My third. Plus 2 for relatives.
Quit thinking about and just get one, and then follow the directions. Success is in the taste/tenderness/ease.